Thursday 12 November 2015

Research: The Importance Of Opening Titles

As I went through the opening scene, I noted down all of the titles that show and what time they had shown. I found out that there was a lot of titles displaying who was involved within the making and cast of the film. I wrote down every word that appeared on the screen including a the names of the cast and producers and the title of the film which appeared in the middle of the titles. 

For the typography, I looked at the various font sizes and styles and noted down what I seen when the text appeared. The text flickered throughout so I noted down the effects that were displayed when the text was shown. 

                                       
For the visual effects, I noted down all of the different things that appeared on the screen, his varied from the setting of the scene, the lighting and when it changed, the images that appeared on the screen, and the text that appeared including titles and information about the producers. I watched the opening scene various times to make sure that I picked up all of the visual effects that the film opening displayed. 

                                     
For the elements of sound, I closed my eyes in order to ignore the visual effects and elements in order to pick up every element of sound. I noted down all of the changes in music and any other various sounds that were packed in the background, the varied from a range of different sounds. I repeated this process a few times to make sure that I had noted down all of the element of sound that were presented in the opening scene. 



I have learnt from this task that the music has large impact on the audiences reaction, for example if it is an every type of music, it can create an edgy feel. I have also learnt that changing the lighting throughout the opening scene can create a large impact due to the danger is portrays. I have also learnt that showing a bare minimal of the characters within the opening scene creates a mysterious effect, it makes the audience detect the danger without actually seeing any of it. I have learnt that in order to create a successful opening scene, you need to include a vast amount of opening titles to inform the audience on significant information such as the main characters. I have learnt that including effects that reflect the genre of the film sets the scene and makes the audience feel a tension earlier on the film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment